New Member from Michigan

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
Mr. Botek

New Member from Michigan

Post by Mr. Botek »

Hello all! I live in central Michigan, Lower Peninsula. I am just starting my spoonplugging journey. I will be targeting pike. I'm working now to acquire the deep water spoonplugs to target from 15 - 25' zone.
yaaintdeadyet
250 series

Re: New Member from Michigan

Post by yaaintdeadyet »

Welcome Mr.Botek
Ya say life's tough, ya say ya got life figured out. Well, Ya aint dead yet.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Welcome to the board.
First rule.....learn to troll the shallows with the first 3 sizes of lures.
Once you know how to do that and keep all lures in position, only then go to the next sizes.
If you try to go past the Guidelines and the Procedures, you will become an unhappy fisherman.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Mr. Botek

Post by Mr. Botek »

Thanks Steve. I'm a seasoned troller, just never have used a spoonplug.

I'm getting the impression that this may be more of a religion than a method of fishing. I'll proceed cautiously.

My apologies for posting in the wrong section originally.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Mr. Botek,
Nah.....Not a religion at all. Just that to be successful using Spoonplugs, you and I need to follow certain Guidelines set down for us, and if done correctly, success is guaranteed.
We start in the shallows and strain our way out to as deep as we can go, using each size lure.
If we skip the smaller lures, we might miss the fish.
Buck always said it is just as bad to miss the fish by fishing below them as it is to fish above them and not go as deep as we can go.
I dont belong to any organized religion. :mrgreen:
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Actually we are a bit like a cult who believes everything that Mr. Perry wrote because as we did what the book said, we caught fish like never before and the light bulb came on. We knew we found the right way to go. Actually , once you do this for years, it's a bit like being on drugs(the bad ones). You just have to keep doing it because it is so good!!!!! And like religion, you want to share it with others so they can have some too. It's hard to describe the satisfaction you get from what this guy left us. But then again, It aint for ev
IMG_20190901_142343.jpg
IMG_20190901_142343.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 9951 times
eryone. John PS. Drugs wear off pretty fast but spoonplugging success is long lasting. We drink spoonplugger beer too.
Gobi
200 series

Post by Gobi »

Welcome from GR!
shibs - from GR, MI
[Beware of the guy with 1 rod and a 200 spoonplug]
Harold Standish
400 series

Post by Harold Standish »

Mr. Botek wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:31 pm Hello all! I live in central Michigan, Lower Peninsula. I am just starting my spoonplugging journey. I will be targeting pike. I'm working now to acquire the deep water spoonplugs to target from 15 - 25' zone.
Welcome MrBo, i to am a Michigander and love to find the toothys. On this forum there is great guy named Jerry Borst the absolute best Pike And Musky guy around check out his post. Especially if youlooking for the big guys down deep. Jerry is just great at mapping and interprting deep water structure
Jerry jumpstarted my pike and .Ski hunting 3 yrs ago and i hvefound many lunkers following his approach which rightt out of the Buck perry guidelines. I fish primaryly in St joseph county. Ihave 5 lakes that produce .muskys and bass and 12 lakes i fl
ind pike and bass after SPLUGGING for 4 going 5 years i can defi itly say Buck Perry And these forum folkz changed my fishing 360 degrees.
https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/thre ... st-9227421

Hal
aka gundogguy
Lip ripper
200 series

Post by Lip ripper »

WELCOME ABOARD IM FROM SOUTH CENTRAL MI. IF YOUR TALKING RELIGION THEN YOU NEED TO BUY AND STUDY THE GREEN BOOK A.K.A THE BIBLE OF FISHING. THIS FORUM HAS HELPED ME IN MANY WAYS.BUT YOU! NEED TO DO THE WORK.
AS BUCK PERRY STATES.
MAPPING AND INTERPRETING
IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS
AND SUCCESS IS THE KEY TO
SATISFACTION. I LIVE IN LANSING MI. IF YOU NEED HELP
ALONG THE WAY FEEL FREE TO
MESSAGE ME. LIPP RIPPER.
Lip ripper
200 series

Post by Lip ripper »

LET ME REPHRASE THAT