First Post

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
Dave Reed
500 series

First Post

Post by Dave Reed »

Many moons ago I started out as an eager bass fisherman beating the banks to a froth. Slowly over many years I have been developing different methods and skills that would allow me to move further and further away from the shoreline but I have always been at a complete loss catching fish in a deep clear water mountain lake reservoir like Fontana or Lake James, NC. I decided that this might be a good time to finally learn more about the fishing theories of Buck Perry and Don Dickson so that I can overcome my inability to fish the deep water breaks more effectively.

I was hoping that I could post a few of my many questions about spoonplugging so that I could get solid feedback from some of you guys that have found success with these spoonplugging theories and methods.
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: First Post

Post by Steve Craig »

Dave
Welcome to the board.
This is the place to ask your questions.
Sometimes it takes a while for an answer, but be patient and it will come.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Dave, Something we all share in spoonplugging is the want to have Mr. Perry's knowledge. It is obvious that most of our minds are not that of a genius so learning what is in the study material is all we can do. First of all, if you have a boat without tiller steering, this will take away what CAN be learned. You will know less in the long run and getting it will take longer if at all. If you get some of it, yes your chances of catching more fish is pretty good but if your tools do not let you do the work as it should be done, it will take longer and your chances of understanding the whole picture will be less. Trolling is your teacher. If you do it half assed, you will get the same results. Most all of us do not like following directions or have to read a book and put that to work. That's a normal thing. What we all have in common is the want to have this. Be willing to do the things necessary in order to get this knowledge. It can be had with lots of time on the water and over a period of years. The end of the story is we are all grateful that we have it, and know where we would all be without it. It's a really nice thing to have. John
CHAMP
700 series

Post by CHAMP »

Now would be a great time for you to go to Fontana. The lake is 50' below normal pool, makes fishing easier + you get to see a lot of structure above water. Good learning experience.
David Powell