Qustion for John Bales

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

Re: Qustion for John Bales

Post by John Bales »

They are all trolling rods. John
Neil Toland
200 series

Re: Qustion for John Bales

Post by Neil Toland »

John Bales wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:45 pm 20lb Suffix 832 with some kind of leader. No bo, wire, a piece of 50 lb mono for the pike, whatever the situation calls for but never without some kind of leader. Braid to #10 swivel and then to leader or braid with a double uni knot to a no bo leader and then a snap. Everyone has their own thoughts. Bottom conditions, muscles, snags, fish species, depth I want to attain, all has a little to do with the type of leader. John
I have been trying 40# braid that closely matches 20# NoBo diameter (all this is in reference to series 200 up to 700 series Spoonplugs) but, in current, snags are really time consuming to try to get free or to just break free with 40# braid. I better check the 20# stuff. I do use a leader of Berkley Big Game from 20 to 50 pound test or a wire leader. NoBo seems to get cut from the muscles and sharp rocks easily even with an 18" leader (everything gets cut or chewed up on rocky flats and wingdams - not just NoBo). If I'm on sand, clay, or muck the NoBo is fine.

It's just something I'm always messing with.