Bass guy (?) Giving Buck credit way up North.

Ben Marcos
400 series

Bass guy (?) Giving Buck credit way up North.

Post by Ben Marcos »

I thought of y'all when I saw this--a pro angler giving direct credit to Buck for how he was fishing this day, at least. And 8 minutes of more or less depth, speed coaching, no other BS.

"Structure situations can be like an old-fashioned prostate exam--the deepest finger receives the initial movement!" Ben Marcos :shock:
Team9nine
800 series

Re: Bass guy (?) Giving Buck credit way up North.

Post by Team9nine »

Bill Siemantel was one of the few to recognize Buck's contributions to the sport and publicly acknowledge him, along with paying tribute after his passing...but he's not the only one. Here's a good one from the #1 ranked professional bass angler in the country right now (actually has been for the past 2 years).

John Bales
JB2

Re: Bass guy (?) Giving Buck credit way up North.

Post by John Bales »

This guy is one of the best in his category of professional fishermen. You don't hear Buck Perry come out of these guys mouths very often. Did you see all the names on his shirt? In order for him to survive, he must sell these products and do well in tournaments in order to feed his family to continue to have his dream. When you and I explain something, we do it in spoonplugging terms. When they explain something, it is to sell a product. I am not putting these guys down at all. This guy is one of my favorites in the pro fishing sport. The tournament business has brought some great tools to the fishing industry where we have all benefited. Lures, lines, rods, electronics and more. At least this guy knows who Buck Perry was. Many do not and that part of it is a shame. Spoonplugging cannot compete with this type of exploitation of the fisherman, period. Bottom line is we have the knowledge and that's all that really matters. I like that some of these guys can make a living fishing. It's a tough road for them. I respect that. John