First time using Active Target

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Steve Craig
JB2

First time using Active Target

Post by Steve Craig »

Went to Apache lake yesterday. Air temps 55 degrees. Finally warmed up to 78 degrees.
Water temps 56degrees. Later in the day i saw 60 degree water. Looks like a late spawn this year. Normally they would have spawned already.
We have been having front after front and severe ones at that.
Keeping water temps low it seems.
Wasnt trying to fish. Just wanted to get used to the Lowrance Active Target, plus fooling around with a new Hat Cam Camera.
Had alot of fun with the AT.
Saw lots of fish just off of several known to me, structures. They are staging to come in it seems as there were LOTS of fish on the Scout Mode and Forward Mode.
While watching what I thought were bass by the shape of their tails, a cloud of bait fish came by and those bass tore into that ball of shad like crazy! got to see it all happening in real time. Was fun to see.
Went to a Hump in mid lake that was 7 feet on top and watched a few fish moving in and out of the AT. Also saw what I thought were several school of Yellow Bass that Apache has. They move around like a Threadfin Shad, but much larger fish size dots on the AT.

Was able to cast out a lure and watch it go right to some of those fish. Watched it go all the way down and reeled all the way back in. No takers on the fish, just a couple of lookers checking out the lure. Could be very frustrating if that continues!

I didnt stay out all day, as just wanted to tweek the AT as well as the new Elete FS 9.
Spent alot of time doing just that. Wind came up bad as well, so left early for home.
I wasnt happy with my Transducer pole, so I got that fixed this morning with a much better and simpler one.
Im sure I got all the bugs worked out.
The camera is a different story! Just have to remember what button to push to record! Needless to say, I was on standby mode when i thought I was recording!
Got that taken care of too this morning.

As far as the AT????
I really believe this thing will help once I get used to using it. Quality picture is awesome. Will be able to record some the next trip, whenever that will be.
Thats my first revue of the AT by Lowrance.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Hal Standish
700 series

Re: First time using Active Target

Post by Hal Standish »

Steve Craig wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:26 pm Went to Apache lake yesterday. Air temps 55 degrees. Finally warmed up to 78 degrees.
Water temps 56degrees. Later in the day i saw 60 degree water. Looks like a late spawn this year. Normally they would have spawned already.
We have been having front after front and severe ones at that.
Keeping water temps low it seems.
Wasnt trying to fish. Just wanted to get used to the Lowrance Active Target, plus fooling around with a new Hat Cam Camera.
Had alot of fun with the AT.
Saw lots of fish just off of several known to me, structures. They are staging to come in it seems as there were LOTS of fish on the Scout Mode and Forward Mode.
While watching what I thought were bass by the shape of their tails, a cloud of bait fish came by and those bass tore into that ball of shad like crazy! got to see it all happening in real time. Was fun to see.
Went to a Hump in mid lake that was 7 feet on top and watched a few fish moving in and out of the AT. Also saw what I thought were several school of Yellow Bass that Apache has. They move around like a Threadfin Shad, but much larger fish size dots on the AT.

Was able to cast out a lure and watch it go right to some of those fish. Watched it go all the way down and reeled all the way back in. No takers on the fish, just a couple of lookers checking out the lure. Could be very frustrating if that continues!

I didnt stay out all day, as just wanted to tweek the AT as well as the new Elete FS 9.
Spent alot of time doing just that. Wind came up bad as well, so left early for home.
I wasnt happy with my Transducer pole, so I got that fixed this morning with a much better and simpler one.
Im sure I got all the bugs worked out.
The camera is a different story! Just have to remember what button to push to record! Needless to say, I was on standby mode when i thought I was recording!
Got that taken care of too this morning.

As far as the AT????
I really believe this thing will help once I get used to using it. Quality picture is awesome. Will be able to record some the next trip, whenever that will be.
Thats my first revue of the AT by Lowrance.
Good to hear Keep us posted!

Hal
Thank-You ! Buck Perry