----------------

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
DougBush
400 series

----------------

Post by DougBush »

----------------------
Last edited by DougBush on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TN_Explorer
250 series

Re: Spoonplugger Monel Wire Line

Post by TN_Explorer »

Good talking with you, Mr. Bush - I watched the video you mentioned. Money order sent.
DougBush
400 series

Re: Spoonplugger Monel Wire Line

Post by DougBush »

That's a good video that Buck made about controlling that line length along rip rap. (Otherwise those rocks down there can impoverish an oil prince). And keep on looking for the "dirt" in those highlanders with all those cliffs and rock ledges. That dirt in a little wash can be a goldmine.
Especially his business about raising and lowering that rod tip when you feel it digging too deep into the rocks.
Buck was a wise man...I learned a LOT from that man.
Your package of wire line will go to the Griffin Ga, post office, Monday December 14.
Give yourself some more time fooling around with this kind of fishing and then try out the stuff we discussed about running the shallows with wire instead of NO BO. Like I said, you get shorter line lengths out which means more control. AND...you get those suckers blasting that thing back there in the prop wash too. Frank Hammill was the best I ever knew using that short line in the prop wash.
(I never worried about "scaring" the fish in the shallows. I always figured if they were crazy enough to strike that ugly looking spoonplug in the first place they weren't too "smart" anyway.) Sic 'em!!
Regards,
Douglas