SE Michigan, checking in ...

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
kgalla02

SE Michigan, checking in ...

Post by kgalla02 »

Notice there's a few of "South Michigan" posters on here, so I'm in good company, 8-) . Fish mostly St. Clair River (SCR), Lake St Clair (LSC), and Detroit River (DR), slip my boat on the DR or southern LSC. Fishing is pretty good, 8-), but it can get over-complicated at times. It's supposed to be relaxing, right? So, I'm an old-school guy, and think, "how did they catch fish before all this pricey, new-fangled stuff?". Spoonplugger, yeah, that's the ticket, 🙂. Making a conscious effort to fish the Buck Perry way this summer. If it works, I'm having a fire-sale on a lot of my gear, :razz: .

Thanks for the add, 🙂.
Team9nine
800 series

Re: SE Michigan, checking in ...

Post by Team9nine »

Welcome! Great part of the country for fishing you're sitting in :mrgreen:
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Welcome!
I wish I lived in your area, I'd be fishing LSC and Erie all the time! Great fisheries. And tons of natural lakes in your area too!
Check out the outing in Jackson MI, if you can!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Since nobody commented on this yet, I will. What do mean by if it works? John
kgalla02

Post by kgalla02 »

Team9nine wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 pm Welcome! Great part of the country for fishing you're sitting in :mrgreen:

Thanks! Yes, it is, 8-) .
kgalla02

Post by kgalla02 »

site admin wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:33 pm Welcome!
I wish I lived in your area, I'd be fishing LSC and Erie all the time! Great fisheries. And tons of natural lakes in your area too!
Check out the outing in Jackson MI, if you can!
Gonna' have to check my calendar, think my boat is scheduled to be in the shop for canvas/full enclosure the last week of June, but I'm game!
kgalla02

Post by kgalla02 »

John Bales wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:36 pm Since nobody commented on this yet, I will. What do mean by if it works? John
Yeah, who am I kidding? :lol: Probably should start inventorying my old gear now ... 8-)
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

kgall

"If it works, I'm having a fire-sale on a lot of my gear..."

Gotta go with John on this: It worked then, it works now, it'll work for the future. If you have any doubts, you will fail. Follow the guidelines, put time-on-the-water and you'll find success. Guaranteed.

If you don't believe, don't bother. The frustration will be your undoing.

Jim Duplex

P.S. Nice socks!
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

kgalla02 you sound skeptical, and I agree with Jim Duplex. From your post your attitude suggests you will fail. Spoonplugging works, but it is not a magic bullet. It requires work; study, practice, experience, and a lot of frustration along the way; all of which will take time. The results are worth it. Take a look at the Fishing Reports topic on this forum. If you don't believe it, go back to thrashing the shoreline.
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »