Lifetime odds to catch a 10lb bass!

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

Lifetime odds to catch a 10lb bass!

Post by site admin »

This is for the "average" fisherman, I'd like to see what it is for a SPOONPLUGGER!
Attachments
50829496_2032377570186587_5237765127742160896_n.jpg
50829496_2032377570186587_5237765127742160896_n.jpg (66.74 KiB) Viewed 3761 times
linksluvr
400 series

Re: Lifetime odds to catch a 10lb bass!

Post by linksluvr »

I guess it looks like a road trip down south for me!!

Pat
Patrick Thielke
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Lifetime odds to catch a 10lb bass!

Post by Steve Craig »

I would say it depends on the lake you fish!
It says only 5% for AZ. Maybe so. I think it should be higher here. Alot of bass taken over 10 here. California and Texas, 33%? Sounds about right.
I have 3 bass over 9 pounds here. A 9, a 9.4 , and a 9.9. All from the same lake. My 9.9 was weighed on a non- digital scale, the other two on a digital. It makes me think she was actually over 10, but hey, I do stuff the right way and it is what it is.
Tom Coleman challenged me to get a 10 several years ago.
Still looking for her! Maybe this year?

Right now I am suffering from the worse case of food poisoning I have ever had. I have missed some of the best fishing of the year due to being very weak, dizzy and light headed for over a week. Cant walk straight let alone drive. Finally went to ER yesterday, did every test known to me, and then sent me home and told me that this was normal for the type of poisoning I had, and said get more fluids and it has to work its way out of my system! At least I did find out I am healthy as a horse, the heart of a 20 year old, and all blood work is right where it is supposed to be!

Why dont Spoonpluggers catch more over 10?
Kenny Hyde told me one time that Buck held up an 800 SP in front of a few guys that had asked him that very question, and he explained that an 800 just wasnt a big enough mouthful for a bass over 10!
That is why the JB's are so important to use if you are fishing for BIG bass. If you dont have them, then call John Bales and GET SOME!
There are several guys that are known BIG bass catchers out in the southwest. EVERY ONE of them fish with BIG baits. BIG 12 inch worms, big Swimbaits, and oversized Jigs. While they do catch alot of them during the Prespawn and Spawn, I know a few fellows that catch them in the summer at night. Others troll ( actually drag) BIG deep running plastics like the Manns Stretch, Ernies, etc. I know for a fact that Bucks biggest, ( a 13) was caught on a BIG shiner in Florida, according to Tom Coleman.

Yet there are others that catch them on normal sized baits, but understand that Bucks teachings show how to fing the "spot" to put their baits and lures on.
If you want a very good read, get Bill Murphys "In Pursuit of Giant Bass" and read it. He is what Don Dickson calls a "structure fisherman", and does mention Buck and Terry Omalley in his book. This guy will sit on the "spot" ( we call it the contact point) for several hours waiting on the fish to come to him. Overall it is a good read.
Just my 3 cents
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!