PVC rod storage

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
site admin
Site Admin

PVC rod storage

Post by site admin »

I saw a guy make these PVC rod storage on YouTube. I went out and made a few. I thought it was a great idea, easy to make and works great!
Attachments
IMG_20180324_164852502.jpg
IMG_20180324_164852502.jpg (1023.38 KiB) Viewed 2873 times
IMG_20180324_164808953.jpg
IMG_20180324_164808953.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2873 times
jwt
800 series

Re: PVC rod storage

Post by jwt »

Nice. Thanks for sharing
Gobi
200 series

Post by Gobi »

Very nice, thanks for sharing, I am copying your design! :mrgreen:
shibs - from GR, MI
[Beware of the guy with 1 rod and a 200 spoonplug]
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Posted here so I dont cover up a great post. Steve, this is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was 18 years old, I fished the first time with Denny Coulardot. He taught me how to fish a jig, use a count down your jig, Shoreline sightings, and how to find different breaklines and run a weedline and find every good spot in the lake. That was in 1972. I have no idea what year Don did these tapes but we have been doing it exactly like Don teaches it since that time. I give Denny credit for teaching me. You are never lost when you can do this. It is necessary for your interpretation of structure(size and shape). You cannot properly fish a structure,spring, summer , fall, casting or trolling unless you first know what is there. Again I will say that your interpretation of the features in a body of water is the most important observation you can make. If you cannot do this, you should take some time to learn because you will never be able to catch fish consistently. This video is the most important video of all. John
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Posted here so I dont cover up a great post. Steve, this is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was 18 years old, I fished the first time with Denny Coulardot. He taught me how to fish a jig, use a count down your jig, Shoreline sightings, and how to find different breaklines and run a weedline and find every good spot in the lake. That was in 1972. I have no idea what year Don did these tapes but we have been doing it exactly like Don teaches it since that time. I give Denny credit for teaching me. You are never lost when you can do this. It is necessary for your interpretation of structure(size and shape). You cannot properly fish a structure,spring, summer , fall, casting or trolling unless you first know what is there. Again I will say that your interpretation of the features in a body of water is the most important observation you can make. If you cannot do this, you should take some time to learn because you will never be able to catch fish consistently. This video is the most important video of all. John
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

John,
All of Don's tapes are spot on.
The problem I had was, he was just so good, and so knowledgeable, that he simply threw too much knowledge at you, that I just couldn't incorporate it all at once. Especially for a newbie like I was.
I need time to digest, and let things soak in before I can move forward.
It is the reason why I took on the water training 4 years in a row with him.
He was that good.
It just took me a few years to have the light bulb kick on.
Then i left fishing for 12 long years and i lost touch with him, while teaching Predator Calling and Guiding, and i had to start all over again out here.

Tommy had a more laid back teaching method, and I wish I had spent more time with him.

But Don is my mentor, and I wouldn't be the fisherman I am today if it were not for his teaching.
I'm sure I was one of his most frustrating students! Lol!

One a side note, did you notice that Chase was in one of those boats?
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Steve, You have no idea how many times Chase has been teased over the years for that video. It still comes up at some of the outings when he is around. You have no idea how bad I wanted to attend Dons classes in Canada. I did not have that kind of money back then to attend it or I would have. Back then there was no one available to ask any questions when we got in a rut. We wrote Buck a few letters and he straightened us out real quick and back on track. Back then there was no internet. john
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Don’t know how this got in pvc rod storage

Steve,

You are spot on about the teaching style of Don and Tommy. I spent my on the water training with Tommy.
Don did through a lot of information at students. We all were newbies back then and it does take a while for real Spoonplugging information to be absorbed.

I was fortunate enough to take Don’s mini seminar he did on Sam Rayburn. Don had mellowed some since the Canada School days. Did not overload us with his teachings. However since all in the class were experienced Spoonpluggers he could move right along on any subject. We were all soaking in everything that he said. Great class. Severe cold front killed the fishing.

TN Dave
scott99

Post by scott99 »

so cool great idea!