Fishing Mishap(Wife)

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
John Bales
JB2

Fishing Mishap(Wife)

Post by John Bales »

Last year I had a student who was a dentist. He knows that I usually get a couple of hooks in my hands per year and the last one was a bad one and cost me more than I can afford to do very often. Before he left, he told me he was going to send me this tube of numbing gel that they use for my next mishap. You put this stuff on and wait a few minutes and you feel nothing and then you can do about what ever you need to do to get the hook out. I used it last fall while fishing along side another spoonplugger for white bass and again last evening on the wife. In the summer on our lake, at times the small bass will school minnows within a cast of the end of the dock. A pop R can catch the crap out of them for a good while if you keep em going. I was in the house and had no idea that Deb was casting off the end of the pier. I started hearing my name but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I was indoors watching tv. I finally stuck my head out the door and asked Deb if she wanted me. She was in a awkward position while telling me she had a bass pinned to her body still on the hook and the other hook was buried in her finger. I took the bass off while trying not to bother the other hook, which she said later that I didn't do that good of a job not moving the other hook. Got rid of the fish, cut the line and went into the garage to get the good stuff, a pair of cutters and some needle nose pliers. Put the stuff on, waited a few minutes till she could move the hook without jumping out of her seat, pushed the hook through , cut off the barb and backed the hook out. She never felt a thing. This stuff should be in the tackle box ALL the time. It is a super tool to keep us on the water after we do something stupid. It happens so fast and you never know when it's going to happen or how bad it's going to be. It can save us a trip to the hospital and no lost fishing time. John
Garry B
200 series

Re: Fishing Mishap(Wife)

Post by Garry B »

John, what's the name of this product and can you buy it over the counter?
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

What is the name of this stuff John?
Maybe Chase can get us some?
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I'll call him and find out what it is and get back to you. John
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I could not get in touch with the guy who got this stuff for me so I called Chase who was a dentist. He said that there are several kinds of it. It is called a topical anesthetic and he is not sure if the stuff that I have can be bought over the counter. I left a message to the guy who got it for me so I will eventually get you an answer. John
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I was told that it is unlikely that we could purchase this quality of ointment over the counter. If you have a friend who is a dentist,you might be able to get some, other than that, forget it. John
Gobi
200 series

Post by Gobi »

The over the counter stuff is just the same but of lesser concentration. You might need to apply a lot more. :shock:

The best bet probably will be lidocaine.
shibs - from GR, MI
[Beware of the guy with 1 rod and a 200 spoonplug]
D-wayne
200 series

Post by D-wayne »

I have a small set of mini bolt cutters like these.

http://www.clicksuperstore.com/car-acce ... ll-p5.html

I do like the oragel type knumbing gel. Great idea.
Remember to always practice Angling CPR
CATCH, PICTURE and RELEASE 8-)