Tow vehicle

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Bink
800 series

Tow vehicle

Post by Bink »

Anyone love their tow vehicle? With a growing family we have outgrown my truck and my wife’s station wagon. I need something that can hold 3 adults a 90lb dog and more baby shit than you could ever imagin. Plus tow/stop 3000lbs safely.
I was leaning toward a diesel but my mechanic says they are nothing but trouble in the Cold up here and I know my wife is going to bitch about the noise.
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish
John Bales
JB2

Re: Tow vehicle

Post by John Bales »

Bink, I pulled my ranger with a jeep with a 6 cyl and it did just ok . Didn't realize how just ok till I got a taho with a 5.3. What a diff. Just saying. John
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Tow vehicle

Post by Steve Craig »

The new Diesels are not your diesels of old.
I have 3 Dodge Rams , a 12, 15, and a 2016, all 2500's, and all 3 you can barely here them while inside. Even standing outside next to them, they are NOT that loud.
My sons 2004.....different story! Loud inside and out.

I pulled my rigs with a Chevy 1500 for years. Vortec engine 327 ci. Plenty of power for my Lund and other boats.
I had both an extended cab and another with a Crew Cab. Get the Crew Cab, you wont regret it. Held 6 of us no problem.
Put a Cap on the bed and you are set to haul anything.
FWIW
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!