Benbrook, Texas

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
BenJAMMIN

Benbrook, Texas

Post by BenJAMMIN »

New to spoonplugging, after struggling to catch fish year round I decided something needed to be done. On my home lake last year I had a streak of 9 bass over 6lbs in a 3 month period from April to the end of June. The rest of the year I wasn't able to catch anything near that class. I read the green book and felt like a light bulb turned on and had answered many questions that I had. I now need to try and apply the knowledge and hope this forum will help me along the way.
Ben
jwt
800 series

Re: Benbrook, Texas

Post by jwt »

Welcome to the forum Ben. You came to the right place. Read, heed, practice.
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Welcome aboard Ben. Study and practice is the key. Check out Don Dickson's website and YouTube videos. Great info.
Dennis
Jim Shell
Site Admin

Post by Jim Shell »

Welcome Dennis!
I looked up your home lake, looks like a great lake, especially for structure fishing!
have you fished these structures? Looking at the navionics map, looks like good stuff!
Fishing Texas is on my bucket list, hope to make a trip down there within the next couple of years...
Attachments
ben2.JPG
ben2.JPG (73.2 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
ben1.JPG
ben1.JPG (161.68 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Welcome Ben!
Get the Home Study course and devour it!
As Dennis said, get the videos of Don Dickson, and our own John Bales made a couple as well. Jim Shell has a bunch.
Study the material, dont just read it.
Then go fishin!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
BenJAMMIN

Post by BenJAMMIN »

Steve I have ordered the study course and plan on digging in soon, also watching Don Dickson's youtube channel. Jim, I have fished the structures in the second photo and done well. I have focused a ton of time on the west end of the damn. I've heard people refer to Benbrook lake as the best structure fishing lake in the area and this is how I ended up finding buck's material.