Contour line fishing!

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
site admin
Site Admin

Contour line fishing!

Post by site admin »

The below video link was posted on mystery Tackle box's Facebook page.
I know that nearly all fisherman (except spoonpluggers) misuse the term structure , breaks and breaklines. I saw this video today and cringed while I was watching it. I guess you can't blame the kid that made the video, as Buck would often say, "you can't condemn those that don't know that they don't know". But this is a first, hearing someone refer to a contour line as being a bereakline. I'm still cringing thinking about it. I think were in trouble with this "new" generation of fisherman coming up. The only good thing about this, it motivates me to start doing the seminars again...
Not many of us left anymore. Sometimes I feel like it's Star wars, the last Jedi... Soon it will be the last spoonplugger. May the force be with you all, Happy new year!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlQ95CT ... e=youtu.be
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Contour line fishing!

Post by Steve Craig »

Jim
I couldnt resist....Had to post a comment on that video!
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

site admin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:40 pm The below video link was posted on mystery Tackle box's Facebook page.
I know that nearly all fisherman (except spoonpluggers) misuse the term structure , breaks and breaklines. I saw this video today and cringed while I was watching it. I guess you can't blame the kid that made the video, as Buck would often say, "you can't condemn those that don't know that they don't know". But this is a first, hearing someone refer to a contour line as being a bereakline. I'm still cringing thinking about it.

I think were in trouble with this "new" generation of fisherman coming up.

The only good thing about this, it motivates me to start doing the seminars again...

Not many of us left anymore. Sometimes I feel like it's Star wars, the last Jedi... Soon it will be the last spoonplugger.

May the force be with you all,

Happy new year!
Kenny.JPG
Kenny.JPG (24.24 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

One I posted the message, the video was only on MTB's facebook page. I downloaded it and posted it on Youtube as a unlisted link. Since then, MTB has uploaded it on their Youtube Channel.
Steve.. feel free to post a comment on this link ( I just did!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsjsTfVYjr4
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

I agree, its ok that a person who has no guidelines(never been exposed to spoonplugging), and makes statements like that. The guy just doesn't know. What is far worse is those who have the knowledge at their fingertips, has the study material and the ability to put it to use and doesn't.
It would be a bad feeling not to have any fishing guidelines. John
Sonny
200 series

Post by Sonny »

I'm sure glad Don Dickson is back, even if only on the internet. Wish we could get him back up here fishing again. Hopefully he will get some young anglers interested in spoonplugging and pass along Bucks knowledge to the next generation of fisherman!

Sonny