St Lawrence seaway

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
spoonpluggergino
200 series

St Lawrence seaway

Post by spoonpluggergino »

I just purchased a 20 foot Yar-Craft with a 150HP Yamaha tiller, due to i started fishing Mille Lacs. I am only interested in catching huge muskie and that is the only reason i joined the spoonplugger 15 years ago. I feel my time is running out i will be 62 in May. I have been searching the internet an one area beside Mille Lacs that really has my attention is the Lawrence river. The 1000 island area seem to be the place to go. If anyone has info on this body of water please help, also if any one interested to go there muskie fishing with me let me know

gino
pat maio

St Lawrence river

Post by pat maio »

Gino:
In the past I spent much time there each year. I fished from cape vincent to Massena.
There is a zillion places to fish. With fish all over. The islands and scenary are beautiful to watch while you fish.
Most muskie fishermen hit there in the fall around the middle of Sept is when it starts. The river is loaded with fish. All species.
Now for the bad news:
I haven't been there in about 15 years but another spoonplugger who went there yearly gave it up. It seems the zebra mussels have done a job on the water which is now extra clear. The fish are there they are just harder to catch. Even the guides have packed it in.
I don't know if anything has changed in recent years. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hope this helps. If you go fill us in. Thanks
Pat....