Lake of the week 7-25-13

site admin
Site Admin

Lake of the week 7-25-13

Post by site admin »

This is Lake of Egypt in southern Illinois. This is where I fished last weekend. A great bass lake.
This is not a HD map. You really don't need one for this lake. Basic interpretation will put you in the right spot.
With that being said, let me know where you would say the "fishing' water is at.
Attachments
lake of egypt.JPG
lake of egypt.JPG (174.83 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
brett
100 series

Re: Lake of the week 7-25-13

Post by brett »

Thanks Jim. I am going to look at 3 spots to start. #1&#2 being where the map says Lake of Egypt in the middle of the map, and #3 Eagle point.

Eagle point offers the eagle point structure and the 2 points on the north/opposite side of the channel, the bigger one me like! A similar situation in the middle of the map (at the lower Lake of Egypt print) with 2 nice points and inside turns on both sides of the channel and again, the biggest one on the north side with the hump at the end me likely LOTS!

The other spot (the higher Lake of Egypt print), where the Narrows cuts into the main channel, offers a classic situation to check and with the river channel having extreme turns into both sides of the cut makes it extra interesting.

OR.............I could keep it super simple and just fish Bannis Point! Looks like some shallow stuff with the channel nearby all along there. Yeah, that's probably where I start and end on a good day.

Never been there but wish I was in tow this past weekend. Well done!
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Lake of the week 7-25-13

Post by Steve Craig »

Good looking lake.
Fishing water.........At the end of the word Golf Course Point
Bannis Point
For sure, at the mouth of the Narrows Feeder.
My starting spot would be where the words Lake of Egypt(the upstream one)
that have those great looking underwater roadbeds. Probably one of the best
features on the the lake. More than likely the best water color in the lake as well
Eagle point, and the hump between Eagle Point and the roadbeds need checked out.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!