Lake of the week 4-19-12

Jim Shell
Site Admin

Lake of the week 4-19-12

Post by Jim Shell »

Lake Beulah... I'm sure several members from Il &WI have fished this lake (including myself).
This lake has been known to produce some very nice bass and Northerns.

Seasonal approach?
What do you think the water color is?
Would you recommend this lake to a new spoonplugger?
Game plan?
Attachments
beulah.jpg
beulah.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3512 times
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1
brett
100 series

Re: Lake of the week 4-19-12

Post by brett »

I'll bite. In the early spring I'm going to start mapping in the upper right hand portion of the lake. I'm looking for points relative to the deep water, like "the horns," the island north of the horns, the the south bay to the right and south of the horns. It looks like there are multiple large structure situations for the bass to move in prespawn. I've never fished the lake but understand the water to be fairly clear so we will probably have an outside and inside weedline situation. The outside weedlines and breaklines will continue to produce through summer and fall.

The second area I will check out is the narrows - specifically all of the areas around the multiple islands where the islands face the deep water. In the summer I will check out the 25' hump also.

In the deep basin I will first go to the southernmost bay by Wilmer Grove and find the point that developed off the land formation on the left side of the bay. This will be a good spring and summer location. On the small bay directly north that leads into the swamp I will look to see if there is a decent point on either side of the bay as well. I will also definitely check out the 10' hump in the top right of the deep basin, but probably more as a summer spot.

Interested to hear from some that have fished it at some point.
Bassdawgie

Re: Lake of the week 4-19-12

Post by Bassdawgie »

The "fishing water" is pretty obvious on this little lake, and Brett outlined it pretty well above. I would expect water on the clearer side, and be glad if i were wrong. I think the "trolling water" on this lake might hold some surprises, so as this lake is pretty small, i would get to trolling, and WEAR IT OUT, until i got some answers. A new spoonplugger (me) with a little fire in his belly would not shrink from this lake. Dwight