Lake of the Week

beckman44
700 series

Lake of the Week

Post by beckman44 »

This week while driving to fish on Devils Lake North Dakota we need to stop and figure out this 650 acre lake. We are told their is Bass, Walleye, and Northern Pike. Where will we get em!! Bill.
Attachments
newjohns1.pdf
(299.42 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
beckman44
700 series

Re: Lake of the Week

Post by beckman44 »

This lake didn't peak any interest so I am going to wait till after the jamboree to put up another lake of the week. Bill.
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Bill, Another good looking place with over 20 structure situations and a slew of great looking spawning flats. When ever I see a lake with a lot of flatter areas, I like it so much better than a steep and deep body of water. You said we need to fish it now and for this part of the season we are way ahead of schedule. Right now here, the shallows are full of fish because of the high temperatures for this time of the year. So......... we are checking this lake out on the way to another lake so no time should be wasted in and around where there are no features. The entrance and exits to this lake would be the places to check the shallows and this should tell a person what is going on quickly. Let the fish tell us what to do next. I would head on down the lake and stop at each feature and go about my fishing as to what is found on the previous spot. If no weeds are present, trolling would be first on my list. Any fish that are caught would tell me if we need to stop and cast. All of the best spots can be easily seen. There are several basins with neckdown between each section and all of these neckdowns need to be checked starting shallow and working out deeper. One neckdown has some slot like deeper features that should be checked. Right up into the spillway if there is enough depth to get there needs to be checked when there are fish in the shallows. Might have to cast it. This is another lake that I wished was in my back yard. Dont wait till October to post another lake.......... please. Thank you Bill.......... John
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

Thanks John for the post, Sorry I meant to say I was going to wait till next week after the Ill. seminar. I figured we could clear our heads this week to be ready for the plethora of knowledge that will hit us next Saturday. Bill.