Hey from East TN!

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
Teamlobudget

Hey from East TN!

Post by Teamlobudget »

Just wanted to say hey to everybody and that I have recently got the green book and can't put it down. Amazed by what Mr. Perry was doing and said so many years ago that some are saying today like it's all new. Great forum with tons of good info. Thanks to all who post.
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Hey from East TN!

Post by Steve Craig »

Welcome to the Board!
Ask questions and you will receive!
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Welcome! You're down in some great fishing territory. The Green Book is a big eye opener for those who take the time to read it. Even more impressive is that most of what is written there, he had already hashed out about 25 years previous. Buck was a true pioneer in this regard.

-Brian
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Welcome to the board E. TN. What Brian said is true, but don't just read the book; STUDY it. Every time you go through it you will find something you missed or forgot.
Teamlobudget

Post by Teamlobudget »

I thought that was just me being forgetful. The wife keeps asking me why I am reading the same book over and over. Hahaha.
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Teambudget y'all got it! Stay with it.

I read it through the first time, read/studied it a second time and took notes in every section, read/studied it a third time and took notes again, then compared the two sets of notes; surprising what was missed the first time. Still go back to the book from time to time, and it's surprising some of the things you forget.

I attached an aid for you. It is from The ABCs of Spoonplug Trolling. I photocopied it, laminated it at a local shop, and taped it to the underside of the Plano box containing my spoonplugs. Really handy 'till you know 'em cold.
Attachments
Spoonplug running depths.PNG
Spoonplug running depths.PNG (18 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Teamlobudget

Post by Teamlobudget »

Thanks! I'm at work now so I will be able to print and laminate right now. Good info.