Iowa Yak Angler

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
DRH2O

Iowa Yak Angler

Post by DRH2O »

Greetings! I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the group. I've had a life-long love of fishing but only in the past few years have I been afforded the opportunity to start pursuing it as a seriously hobby again. Most of my angling is done from a kayak, so the lakes I fish are usually a bit on the smaller side and not massive bodies of water with endless miles of shoreline.

I got turned on to Buck Perry and his Spoonplugging book in the fall and I've spent the winter devouring it. I'm an analytical type "techie" by profession and the methodical, systematic approach of spoonplugging has a huge appeal to me.

I'm eager to learn and implement as much of this system as I can and I'm looking forward to the challenges associated with trying to adapt it to fishing from my yak on my yak-waters.

I have many questions already so you'll be hearing from me...

I look forward to tapping into all the experience I can see here on the forum :)

~Denny
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Iowa Yak Angler

Post by Fran Myers »

Welcome Denny.
Please feel free to ask your questions. I am sure there is a lot you are not sure about.

Fran
Minnesota
Fran Myers
ltharley
100 series

Re: Iowa Yak Angler

Post by ltharley »

Welcome Denny,

I have to tell ya, I saw a group of Yakers (if that's a word) out in the Milwaukee Harbor last fall hooking up on some nice King Salmon. Looked like a blast. Has me thinking I might buy me one of those things someday.

I know you will find Buck's stuff of great value. Follow the guidelines, be patient, and follow Jim Duplex' advice of "have fun".

Dennis