Hello from Georgia

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
Ronnie

Hello from Georgia

Post by Ronnie »

Hi, I'm In Warner Robins, Ga and started Spoonplugging in the late 70's. I caught lot's of fish casting after locating them trolling. My family life limited most of my fishin time for a number of years, but I think things are about to change. My wife never liked trolling and my youngest is in College. One daughter has her PHD and is doing research at the University of Michigan; my other daughter is in Charlotte, NC with my 1st grand child and teaching. My son is playing baseball at Kennesaw State Univ., so we spend a lot of time on the road. I am now at the point of getting the trolling reel clean to go find some more fish Spoonplugging. I had no idea you folks were still active, but I am happy to find you are.
God Bless you all and Good Fishin'!
I am a little rusty but hope to be trolling soon..........Ronnie
jwt
800 series

Re: Hello from Georgia

Post by jwt »

Welcome back Ronnie. I went through the same thing; I guess we all did, but it comes back fast. Just keep the "green book" handy, and this forum is a gold mine of information.

If you need parts for a 109, 209, or 9M here's the place to go: http://store.scottsbt.com/PennParts/Ree ... nPeer.aspx
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Thank you, my friend! I found my Green Book and the Home study guides without looking too hard! Do we have any CSI's in the South? I have the boat and motor. I am not getting any younger and would not mind a jump start + I like learning from the best!
It cant be right away, because my Dad, 88, is very ill. Doctors at Emory saved his life but he is still not out of the woods...Thank you again!
TN Dave
100 series

Post by TN Dave »

Ronnie,

Welcome aboard. The closest CSI to you would be John Bales. Having spent several days in the boat and on the water with John, I would highly recommended him. John can get you up and running in the right direction. As I always say, training with John or any of the CSI's is time and money well spent.

Terry O"Malley, in North Carolina, is no longer doing on the water training. I wish you well with the care of your father.

TN Dave
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Thanks TNDave,

My Dad and Father-in-law were both critical at the same time, both had the Emergency Responders in their ICU rooms on the same day within minutes of each other.
My Dad is out of danger for now, Thank you to those who prayed for him!

Sounds like I need to talk to John about getting his help, wish I could do it now but things are really crazy right now. I think I need the summer on the water help for mapping/working deeper than 12-15 feet. I assume the summer is best time to learn but if someone thinks I can learn more another time of year feel free to tell me.

Oh BTW can someone tell me how to read a private message, I got one and can't figure out how to see it...LOL
brett
100 series

Post by brett »

Ronnie,

To read messages first log-in and the new messages link is on the top left of the screen right next to the logout link.

As far as on the water instruction, anytime is good! Seriously, it won't matter. Instruction is less about catching fish and more about the process, so time of year doesn't matter. I always say, right away is the best time.

Keep us in the loop.

Brett
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Ronnie,
Welcome to the forum. Glad your Dad is better and praying for a full recovery for both of them.

Right there in Rome , is one of the best Spoonpluggers in the country. Jim Vaughn. I know he would like to have a fishing partner anytime. Look him up. Good Christian man, good teacher, and he is not too far away from you.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Went thru my tackle and my Spoonplugs are in good shape, found my 25 year old NO BO and since it has been keep inside, it appears good! A rat chewed up a handle on one of my 2 Buck's Baits rods, thinking about ordering some shrink wrap from mudhole.com. Anyone ever use the stuff?
Looks like I may get to fish this week end! We have found some shallow movements on a local lake (3,600 acres) over the summer so trying to work out the routes in a Flatlander might be in order........On the other hand there is a Lowland Lake that has a point with the river channel running all the way from 0 to 30' beside it ....decisions!!!!! Lot's of rain here, water color is good, so movements have been happening since my son is catching some small 10 to 15" bass with the occasional 3 to 4 Lb'er in the shallows!

I've read a lot of your posts and they are very encouraging, to say the least.

Ronnie
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Just found the mother load of Spoonplugs in my shop, at least a 100 of them from 500's thru 800's..to add to the 80+ in my tackle box.....WAHOO! And best of all my wire line reel that I have been searching for has been FOUND......

Pray for my Dad if you get a moment he is still bleeding and they are going to look in his colon on Friday.

I thank God we have had him as long as we have, but would like to keep him awhile longer.

Thanks for all the encouragement! You folks are the true meaning of a Spoonplugger!
Ronnie