MN spoonplugger new to this site.

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
SeaMonster
250 series

MN spoonplugger new to this site.

Post by SeaMonster »

Hello all-

I am a Minnesota spoonplugger who only recently found this web board. Great site! My home is in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis. As such, most of my fishing is done on the many lakes in the metro area; in fact there must be 30+ lakes within 30 minutes of my house. Great water color and great structures exist these lakes.

I have been learning spoonplugging for about 13 years now. I have had the great pleasure to have taken a spoonplugging lesson with John Bales prior to an outing, saw numerous spoonplugs hanging from the rafters in Denny Courdelot's (sp?) garage, met Fran Myers at a local outing west of the twin cities, and have shared a boat with many other great spoonplugers! All were great times with great guys.

I say I have been spoonplugging for 13 years but it is more like 3 years of experience 4 times over. I say this as I have learned from some very good spoonpluggers and have made some very good catches, but I seem to rely on the same lakes and patterns that brought me success previously. I read the green book and the 9-volume set each winter and have vowed to try to expand my knowledge more in 2013 by strictly adhering to the basic principles in an attempt to strengthen my weak areas. Mapping is something I want to excel at as I hope this will help with my interpretation and then my presentation.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences and questions with you all. If you see my boat, a Sylvan Seamonster, on the lake swing by and say hi.

"All it takes to catch a fish is one good trolling pass."
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: MN spoonplugger new to this site.

Post by Fran Myers »

Who is this? Pat?

The past few years Mike and I have thought about having other day outings but none of us have had the time. As it turns out it looks like my schedule will be changing significantly and who knows maybe we'll have another day outing somewhere.

Thanks for the Kind words.
Fran
Fran Myers