Hello

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
tom p.

Hello

Post by tom p. »

Hi Gents,

My name is Tom. I'm from Nebraska. I have been interested in spoonplugging for several years and just recently purchased the Home study guide. I may have questions along the way. I hope you can be patient with me and help me out. My main goal is to become a better fisherman so I can watch my wife (who loves to fish) and 7 year old son catch fish consitantly.

Thanks,

Tom
indianabass
250 series

Re: Hello

Post by indianabass »

Welcome aboard, Tom (and family)!

It sounds like you are on the right path.

Home study guide...check

Interest and desire to learn...check

Kid with fishing ambition...check

Wife who likes to fish...bonus!

You are at the right place in the path to becoming abetter angler.

Best regards,
Andy Jagger
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

What Andy said! Welcome.
You are now headed on a journey that will change your fishing for the rest of your life!

Ask away. There are several CSI's on here, so dont be afraid to ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question.
If you get the chance, you might want to try and make the Spoonplugger Jamboree in Kentucky this fall. Many Spoonpluggers from all over will be there. Ask one or two to take you out and show you the ropes, so to speak. Nothing helps the learning curve like an experienced Spoonplugger in your boat, and spending time on the water.
Follow the guidelines to a tee, learn to troll the shallows with the first 3 sizes of Spoonplugs, keeping them in position, and once you get that down to a tee, then go to the larger sizes.
Again,
Welcome to the board.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Bink
800 series

Post by Bink »

Welcome!
Steve Craig wrote:Follow the guidelines to a tee.
Amen
"Spoonpluging is a good way to catch all fish but not the best way to catch any fish