Minnesota Video

Fran Myers
JB1

Minnesota Video

Post by Fran Myers »

John Bales came to Minnesota to buy a truck I had. While he was here, this is what we caught on two of the days.

https://youtu.be/6bKrf48wqVk
Fran Myers
Team9nine
800 series

Re: Minnesota Video

Post by Team9nine »

Looks like a couple really good days. Can't wait to hear more details. Nice job 8-)
John Bales
JB2

Re: Minnesota Video

Post by John Bales »

Hi Brian, Not many details. This was the fall. Went out there, looked to see if a thermocline was there and there was none. All the baitfish(bluegill and crappie) were at 25 to 30 feet so thats where I started trolling. Came up on a really nice hard finger and caught a fish before our lures got up on it. Checked it out and found that it was a hump off of the end of a bar that topped out at 15 feet. Threw a marker on the crest of the hump and started making trolling passes. Made one and caught a nice bass and then from then on we went to the cast. Blade baits were not the speed for either day. I think we got one fish on a blade bait. Swim baits on a heavy jig reeled very slow was the ticket. The spot had a couple of nice breaks on it and those were the key deal. Some of the fish came from the top of the hump but some were off of it a little deeper. Could not find another spot that was that good in the whole lake. We caught lots of average size northerns and I hate to think how many we could have caught if thats all we did all day. Most of those came on the troll at 25 to 30 feet. We got bass on another spot but that spot didnt turn out to be as good as the first. That covers it. Take Care. John