Don Dickson - Pro Structure

jdamsgard

Don Dickson - Pro Structure

Post by jdamsgard »

I have just acquired volume 1 & 2. I am working on converting them to digital and uploading them somewhere, perhaps YouTube. Just wondering if anyone here sees why this would be a problem. Thanks - Jerm
Team9nine
800 series

Re: Don Dickson - Pro Structure

Post by Team9nine »

Only thing I can think of would be the obvious, that being possible copyright infringement. They are still being sold digitally by a former associate of Don's via "The Fishing System" website and online. Might check and see if it's all the same stuff.

-Brian
jdamsgard

Post by jdamsgard »

It doesn't appear to be. My volume 1 is about casting and volume 2 is trolling. There are no copyright logos or warnings anywhere on this stuff. I'm not trying to sell it or make money on it.

Anyway, they're up and posted if anyone wants to go to YouTube and watch them. If they get taken down then so be it.
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Found them online last night 8-)
jdamsgard

Post by jdamsgard »

Upon further review, I did notice that the two videos I posted on YouTube are for sale on the Fishing System website. I'm now thinking maybe I should take them down. The funny thing is that I searched all over the web for these dang videos only to find them for sale used from someone on Amazon. The Fishing System website never popped up in my search. I mean, I was using the search terms "Don Dickson" and "Pro Structure," which maybe those guys should have embedded in their HTML code when they were making the website. Maybe I'll just change the titles of the videos so as not to include "The Mechanics of Fishing Made Easy."
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Just a guess, but I believe these are being produced by a former colleague of Don's who worked on the originals with him, but he may not be able to use Don's name in promoting them without Don's permission. That might be why they don't come up in a search using Don or the old company name.