Lake Shelbyville and Panther creek lake

site admin
Site Admin

Lake Shelbyville and Panther creek lake

Post by site admin »

Below link is the video my daughter put together from our labor day trip to central IL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3vvIykpzSE
John Bales
JB2

Re: Lake Shelbyville and Panther creek lake

Post by John Bales »

Jim and kids, You got some really nice largemouth. I just got done watching the video and can't believe no one has replied yet to these really big bass. I enjoyed that the kids were involved. That is the best. John
TN Dave
100 series

Re: Lake Shelbyville and Panther creek lake

Post by TN Dave »

Jim,

Excellent video, actually watched it several times. Very well done and a very good story being told. Sure is nice that the children LET you come along with them so you can watch them catch the fish. And nice bass at that!

Some good lessons in the video, whether Em intended them or not. Have fun when making a trip with children. Catch some fish. Have a picnic lunch. Play some water sports in a safe area and when the children get tired; head for home. Make another trip another day. Save the macho marathon, cold,(hot), windy, rainy, day light to dark fishing days for a trip with John Bales.

Children can learn to use trolling equipment. Some good instruction and a little patience and they are ready to go. Most do as well, or better, than some adults; especially those who complain about how hard baitcasting reels are to use.

Whether the children will be Spoonpluggers when they grow up will depend upon circumstances, jobs, location, other interests. What they will always remember is that Dad cared enough about us to spend time with us. Going fishing, getting outside, and having fun. Children grow up scary fast. Right Now is the time for them. Time and effort well spent; truly an investment in a lifetime.

Good Fishing,
TN Dave