Side scan depth finders

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
spnplgrkenny

Re: Side scan depth finders

Post by spnplgrkenny »

GREAT INFORMATION JWT AND FRAN ON ANCHORS. I DO USE A 35LB ANCHOR IN MY BOAT, HOWEVER I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE GRAB ANCHORS THAT JWT DESCRIBED. I HAVE A VERY LARGE DIAMETER ROPE ON MY BIG ANCHOR. I DO GET TIRED OF PULLING THAT ANCHOR UP OFF THE BOTTOM ALL DAY. IT DIDN'T BOTHER ME 10 YEARS AGO. NOW I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AN EASIER WAY. ROPE LEVERAGE AND ANGLE MEANS ALOT WHEN IT COMES TO HOW WELL AN ANCHOR HOLDS. I MAY GO TO ONE OF THE GRAB TYPE ANCHORS THIS YEAR. THANKS ALOT, KENNY
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Hey Kenny, How you doing brother? I had a guy buy me one of those rictor anchor. They are supposed to be special. It was the one that I had in the boat when you and I fished on erie last fall. I took someone's word that this was the best in the world. On the last day, Mark Brown and I fished together and we had 4 footers and could not anchor. Even with close to 100 feet of rope it would not hold. Not only was I not happy about this but that anchor is now retired and sits out in the garage used as a door stop. I went back to my 25 lb piece of lead. The lesson learned is not to take anyone's word of how good something works without having a back up on board. I like the heavy stuff. If they made that 5lb anchor in that shape that weighed 30lbs I might just have one. I have caught a bunch of those type anchors and never thought they could be any good so I have always given them away. John
spnplgrkenny

Post by spnplgrkenny »

THANKS JOHN, I WILL STAY WITH THE BIG BOY. I JUST NEED TO MOVE IT TO WHERE THE OTHER GUY SITS. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF LINE OUT. OH, AND BY THE WAY, WOULD YOU LIKE ONE JOHN?. KENNY
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Kenny, I'll take two!!!!!!!!! John
Serena

Post by Serena »

I needed a replacement depth sounder for my boat and ended up going with the HawkEye depth finder. Installation was easy and you can get installation tips from their website www.hawkeyeelectronics.com