Don Dickson Interview

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Steve Craig
JB2

Don Dickson Interview

Post by Steve Craig »

Jim,
What a great interview so far! I personally want to thank you for doing it!
I fished with Don for several years in a row each winter taking personal on the water instruction, and all those stories he tells in the interview, brought back incredible memories of him and I either sitting in the boat or at the evening meal, with him relating every one of those stories!

His prophetic talk about going to wire was priceless.

Is there some way you can send me his information? I lost track of him after I moved to Arizona many years ago. I still keep in contact with Tommy Ferencek, but lost Don's info and would like to give him an email of a call. Feel free to PM if you dont want to put it on here.

Looking forward to Part 3! thanks again.
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Duplex

Re: Don Dickson Interview

Post by Duplex »

Jim,

I concur 100% with Steve, what a great interview! His comments regarding the early days of Spoonplugging and participation in the inaugural muskie tournament on Pomme de Terre are highlights. Don's remarks really get the juices flowing! Thanks for putting the interview together. Can't wait for. Part 3.

Jim
linksluvr
400 series

Post by linksluvr »

Jim, the easiest interview you have ever done--right? You just start him off and away he goes--which is great! His infomercial
with Curt Gowdy was what got me started. I was able to ride in his boat at a on-the-water seminar up here in Minnesota. It would
be nice if he could still contribute to spoonplugging in some way.

Pat
Patrick Thielke
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

It was great talking to Don. I did the interview, but when i listened to the upload myself, it was like I was also hearing it for the first time! He is an excellent teacher and speaker. I hope to have part 3 very soon!
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Part 3 was just as good!
Thanks Jim for the info.
What struck me in the interview, was the fact that he was excited as if he was telling it all for the first time.
And, as you say, he was certainly in his teaching mode!
Steve
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Where can I hear these interviews?
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Jerry Borst wrote:Where can I hear these interviews?
Cough up $15 and join the Breakline Club :mrgreen: :lol: They were the July/August meetings 8-)
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

I was one of the first to sign up last year but after multipule attempts at logging in with no success, I gave up trying.
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Shoot Jim (Shell) a message - a great way to kill 3 hours (listening to Don). Probably could have easily doubled that time with a couple more questions - LOL. Don's a talker :mrgreen:

-Brian
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

Jim; Thank you so much for this interview. I was like a kid in a candy store listening to Don speak again. Back when his Pro Structure tapes came out is when I really started being able to progress in my spoonplugging. He is such a great teacher and speaker. What an honor to hear him again. Incredible !!! Bill.
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

I've received many emails form breakline members stating how much they enjoyed the interview! I as many others, have listed to them twice!
I'm glad I was able to get this part of spoonplugging history documented. I am also planning on doing a follow up interview several months from now.
I would love to share this interview with everyone, but I did it for the Breakline Club, and it would not be far right now to the members to put it out to all right now, nor do I want to profit from this in any way either. For those of you that are not Breakline Club members, I do plan on breaking up the interview into many story segments and posting them on my YouTube channel within the next year. I will post it on this forum when that happens.

I have also had a few conversations with Terry O'Malley to do an interview, which he had agreed too. But after many attempts, it has not yet happened. If and when this interview with Terry occurs, I will post that one to everyone.

Jim Shell
waterflogger_no_more
200 series

Post by waterflogger_no_more »

Ditto -- that interview was quite impressive. Thanks for doing it --