Spoonplugging Boats

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
TN Dave
100 series

Spoonplugging Boats

Post by TN Dave »

Spoonpluggers,

I was looking at aluminum jon boats the other day. Came across "Duck Hunting Boats". Perfect for Spoonplugging. The boats come in either a flat bottom or semi-vee hull. Well equipped with various lockers, "gun lockers", place for a bow-mount electric motor, flat floor. AND, most importantly, the boats are shown with a tiller handle motor. The boats come in good fishing sizes, 16 footers, and 70 plus inch beams, good stable boats. Just about all the major (aluminum) boat manufacturers offer a duck boat configuration.

I know what I, and others, have endured trying to find good Spoonplugging boats. Now I discover I should have asked for a "Duck Hunting Boat" and I could have gotten what I wanted. I sure learned that one doesn't ask a marine dealer to order up a boat suitable for trolling with a tiller handle motor. Ask that and they think you dropped on to earth from another planet.

With all the good camo on the duck boats the Bass Boys won't pay any attention to you and will not be stealing your casting positions! They will think you are duck hunting.

Good Fishing,

TN Dave