Fish movements

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
jsandman

Fish movements

Post by jsandman »

Given a structure that produces on a lake with multiple species of fish. Do the different types of fish say smallmouth, largemouth, white bass all move up the structure at the same time on a migration route or at different times ?

If not then do you have a better chance if say you missed the largemouth bass migration at sun up then if the smallmouth are going to move say at 10:00am ......then you have more chances at movements during a good weather day or is it all at once with all the species in the lake ??

Hope this makes sense I just woke up and started reading a bit and this was on my mind

Thank you,
James
jsandman

Re: Fish movements

Post by jsandman »

Think I found my answer ...... I just had to keep reading.
Volume 4 .....Weather and Water
Home study series

The question was asked : "If conditions are good for a movement of fish, do all the different species move at the same time and for the same distance on a structure ?"

Pg. 45 Buck says : As we've said before, all the fish move, some to a greater degree than others. At times it appears the different species will use a structure at the same time, and the difference in depth isn't great. But in some instances, different species will be on, or at particular structure at a different time. The reaction to some weather and water conditions will be so marked between some species, the fish will not start from the same depth, nor will they move the same distance, nor to the same depths.
If all the species reacted the same to a given weather and water condition, I'm sure many of the species found today wouldn't be around.

So for the most part I just had to keep reading and Buck gave me the answer :)

Thanks,
James Sanders
Jerry Borst
800 series

Re: Fish movements

Post by Jerry Borst »

I'd go with that 8-)