Rods?????

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
jdamsgard

Re: Rods?????

Post by jdamsgard »

I'm on a pretty tight budget, so the rods sold at buckperry.com were way out of reach. A bunch of searching online lead me to a Penn Mariner II heavy action trolling rod that is 6' in length. Bought it on the Amazon for less than $40 with free shipping. It's the best fishing rod I've ever held in my hands.

I got an ancient Mitchell 255 reel on it now and it works quite well. I just picked up an old Penn 109 that I'm going to slap on another Mariner II and use one of these set ups for steel line.

My casting rod also came from Amazon. It is an 8' medium-heavy rod called CatMaster or something to that effect. $20 with free shipping. Paired with a cheap Walmart baitcaster I can easily lob a 1oz. blade about half a football field out! I would love to see what a good quality reel would do.

I just thought I'd pop in with an option for us guys on a budget. I hope it's not out of line in any way.