Going to Mille Lacs

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Fran Myers
JB1

Going to Mille Lacs

Post by Fran Myers »

So after hearing for months that the Smallmouth were going crazy on Lake Mille Lacs me and Howard plus John and Debbie Bales are going to check it out.

Hopefully we can get some video and good pictures.
Bye
Fran Myers
Team9nine
800 series

Re: Going to Mille Lacs

Post by Team9nine »

Been seeing the same reports (and pictures) all year. Should be a fantastic trip! Looking forward to pics and video. be safe!

-Brian
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Mille lacs is one of our favorite Minnesota lakes even with its so called up and down fish populations, rules and regulations. The small mouth have been a constant throughout. The biggest obstacle on this lake is the wind, just a 15 mph can produce large waves making it a real challenge. I've told many who have asked to be prepared to learn the entire 132,000+ acre lake, which takes time. If the wind blows from the north be prepared to fish the north side and so on. It has some great sm fishing and you will do well.
Jerry Borst
800 series

Post by Jerry Borst »

Yo Fran, John how did it go and what do you guys think of the lake and all those reefs? :mrgreen:
Fran Myers
JB1

Post by Fran Myers »

Morning,
We all loved Mille Lacs. Its a great lake with ton's of fish and enough structure to keep me busy for a long time.

While we didnt have the greatest catches, it is definitely clear that there are huge numbers of fish there. We had weather issues and only fished 2 half days. I went from not really caring to go to Mille Lacs to looking for a cabin there.

I am going to try to go there a few times before ice up.
Fran Myers