New South African Adventure

A place to post topics other than spoonplugging.
Fran Myers
JB1

New South African Adventure

Post by Fran Myers »

Hi Guys,
Two years ago I went to South Africa for three weeks. This year my friend Howard is coming for an extended trip to the US. I am very excited.

There will be many adventures while he's here I am sure.
The first in stone trip Begins the first weekend in May with Lake St Claire, Lake Erie, and Bays De Noc. This trip could be two weeks.

Between work and just life I have been somewhat scarce around here. Well i am really hoping to make a huge return this year.

Some other trips in planning stages...
- various Minnesota Lakes
- Zaborny's Outing
- Grand Lake of the Cherokees
- Cordell Hull and Old Hickory

Stay tuned its going to be cool
Fran Myers
ltharley
100 series

Re: New South African Adventure

Post by ltharley »

Hey Fran,
Keep me posted. I'm in need of getting back at it. I'll join in on some of the trips. Want to do St Claire, Canada with Borst, Green Bay, ...

Dennis
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: New South African Adventure

Post by Fran Myers »

Hi Dennis,
These are very fast and loose trips. I know John and his son are PLANNING Lake St. Clair the first weekend in MAY. Which is 6-7-8.
However, if the weather changes John won't go to St. Clair. Now this doesn't work for me because of the drive so once Howard and I hit the road - fishing is going to happen. If John doesn't go to St. Clair then we will head to the Bass Islands and stay at least a week.

I am not planning on getting cabin at Bass Islands. My focus will be on my South African friend and I just won't be able to do the whole cabin entertainment thing I have done in the past. However, I would LOVE it if you get your own room and we will certainly spend a LOT of time together.
The way home and the Bay de Noc...that's just a reason to fish more and not go home. Never been there and we are looking forward to checking out some new water.

I have absolutely no idea about where we are staying or anything with Bay De Noc. St. Claire is a Sheraton I believe.

I welcome you or anyone else who wants to convoy with us as much or little of this first adventure as you want.
Fran Myers