going price on older 900 series Spoonplgs ?

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
john walker/SC

going price on older 900 series Spoonplgs ?

Post by john walker/SC »

I recently bought a Redhead White body 900 series with a ratty box and paperwork and wonder what the average value on these is now--when I get a range I will post it for sale.
john walker/SC

Re: going price on older 900 series Spoonplgs ? got a range

Post by john walker/SC »

I did some investigation and also email a few Spoonpluggers out there-common veiw is $275-$350 depending on demand-so if anyone is interested in pictures for gits and shiggles I have set a price at $255.80 shipped priority on this lure flexpluger@aol.com is how to reach me.
John Bales
JB2

Re: going price on older 900 series Spoonplgs ?

Post by John Bales »

I have four of them. How many of them do you want for even a better price. I have some that Mr. Perry signed also. Wonder how much those are worth? John
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

I want to sell this one not buy more John. I would gather one signed by Elwood Perry would carry a 25% increase in value-I only fish the older multi line tie models and have since the early 1960s-PLUGGER FOR LIFE !!!!!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

What I was trying to say is that I am suprised that the 900 is worth that much. It wasn't that long ago that Mr. Perry was giving them away at one of the outings. I took a guy out a long time ago to teach him about spoonplugging and he said that his father left him all of his spoonplugs. He said that he had a few that would not run right and asked me if I could show him how to tune the lures. He handed me what looked like a 700 and said that at the faster speeds, this size would not run right. I took one look at it and realized what it was and every time I took him out, he gave me one. That was my fee. I wouldn't sell any of my lures or anything Mr. Perry had signed for me. They are just too special. I have one of three hand turned rod blanks that Mr. Perry either had turned or turned them himself. I got one of them made for Ted Walter for all the work he has done for our club. He then turned around and got me one and Denny Coulardot the other two. I kept mine in the tube for a year and this spring, finally started actually using it. Scott kept them the natural green color and clear coated them. They look nice and therefore will catch more fish. :) My wife won a green book at an outing in NC and Mr. Perry signed it. He wrote "This has the Poop!" Precious! Take Care John
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

a lot has changed in the 8 years since Buck died in Aug of 2005. many things sells for or has a greater value now on ebay and 900 series Spoonplugs especially the painted , not the chrome ones, are in that league
MartyMcAvoy
200 series

Post by MartyMcAvoy »

Who ever told U 900 Series Spoonplugs are worth that much are terribly mistaken! LOL! 900s will go for & or bring anywhere from $10 - $50. ... & that's about it, depending on its condition, rarity of color, w/ or w/out the original packaging & the package's condition. I believe they are confusing the 900 Series w/the Musky/Saltwater Series Buck did that are approx. 7" Long. They can command that kind of $$ U mentioned, but lately even their prices have fallen. They are referred to as "Big 700s". 900s are 4 & 3/8" Long... so U can determine which one U actually have.
Knowledge is the Key to Success! Sharing it is Part of that Success! IN~Spoonplugger.
john walker/SC

Re: going price on older 900 series Spoonplgs ?OOPS it is 7

Post by john walker/SC »

yes I have one of those 7 inch in the box-my mistake I thought they were 900 series
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

You will get that kind of money out of the saltwater lure. I have one myself. Big difference. Now that the guys know what you have, you might get an offer. John
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

check my previous post for what I want for the bait-any offer include postage $4. flexpluger@aol.com for pictures
Bob Roels Jr

Post by Bob Roels Jr »

I use the ones I have. They work. I don't think it is because the fish have never seen one in their lifetime. Maybe their great grandparents did. Still they don't catch so many fish I would pay $250 for.
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

DITTO!!!! they are a collectors item only at that price. I fish the multi line tie models and go by the book on presentation.
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

this is NOT the one that sold for $8 off Craig's List--please I do want to sell it and will gladly take offers and send pictures
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

Unless someone makes me an offer it is next showing up in Myrtle Beach at the CATC show in November
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

I had someone respond to my post on a facebook sub page saying he has a hundred of these. I told him to post pictures-I think he is confused and if not he is wanting to sell-I think he is blowing smoke