101 Spoonplugger Bucks Baits fishing reel ??????

Looking to BUY,SELL or TRADE any of your fishing equipment? Post it here.
john walker/SC

101 Spoonplugger Bucks Baits fishing reel ??????

Post by john walker/SC »

I found one in near mint condition ,both mechanically and cosmetically,on an old tackle call and have not found any history or info on this item. If you have any information on age ,rarity or value please post a responce. I have offered it for $75 on the ORCA and Joe's Old Lures boards and had a few inquiries . I can email picture if needed.I have fished with Spoonplugs since 1965 both casting and trolling and prefer the older multi line tie models. 500 and 600 series in perch and solid yellow are my favorites!!!!!
john walker/SC

if anyone has info please share it

Post by john walker/SC »

I am totaly shooting in the dark on this reel. It is either very old or too new. All the sites I can find do not list it as such and I do not have any literature older than the late eighties early ninties to look at and they are no help.
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: 101 Spoonplugger Bucks Baits fishing reel ??????

Post by Steve Craig »

I have only seen a picture of one of them over the years, so i assume they are rare and older.
It may take a while as people on here are slow to respond to posts, so be patient and I am sure someone here will give you the answer you are looking for.
You might want to put a call into Bucks Baits in Hickory and talk to Scott Jenkins, as he would probably know.
I know many are on their way to the Jamboree too and will not be around to answer.
Hang in there on this one for sure.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
john walker/SC

Post by john walker/SC »

Thanks Steve I will just wait until the Jamboree is over and see if anyone responds. Do you have the phone number or internet address for the NC company?
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

www.buckperry.com

828 322-2157

Scott may even be at the Jamboree, i dont know. He was there last year.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
john walker/SC

Scott is da man!!!

Post by john walker/SC »

I contacted Scott and he gave me a range of $40-$70to a possible high of $90 depending on HOW BAD SOMEONE WANTS IT!!!
Jim Shell
Site Admin

Post by Jim Shell »

Can you post or email me a picture?

Thanks
“The day you become selfish in your fishing is the day your fishing growth stops” – Buck Perry
https://www.youtube.com/user/spnplg1