Location is key

D-wayne
250 series

Location is key

Post by D-wayne » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 am

With winter on the way I try to get out anytime that I can.
Today the water temp was down from 60 to 51°f and the water coming in from the rains was under 45°f . Big change in 5 days. And that has got me pumped. I know the catching will be sporatic until I put together a set pattern. As I've learned from Mr. Perry's teaching start where the food is then move towards the sanctuary until you find where the majority of the bigger ones are.
I managed to entice a few shallow water ones out but I wanted the 4 to 6 lbers I know are in the lake. Foot by foot I targeted deeper to the deeper resting places closest to the weed flats. Today I found three schools which is something that I have not done often especially when it comes to large mouth bass. Typically I'll get one here there and so on so finding schooling bass was an accomplishment in its self for me. I didn't stay long at each place, I was prefishing for a late season fun tournament this weekend. The great thing was that when I zeroed in on the pattern I found the largemouth bass quickly. I'm not saying they were eager to jump in the boat for a picture but I could entice the odd one to hit my jig.
Now if I can have a good back day Saturday I might be able to get four of these ladies to come out for a photo op.
Thanks to all the folks who posted the teachings of Mr. Perry. Your work has really helped me a lot.
Attachments
20171101_120506.jpg
Cool but Effective Day
20171101_120506.jpg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 117 times
20171030_060537.jpg
Last weekend's Smallie 5.25
20171030_060537.jpg (152.66 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Remember to always practice Angling CPR
CATCH, PICTURE and RELEASE 8-)